The Thomas & Friends ERTL Wiki is a source of information on the Thomas & Friends ERTL line. As such anyone can visit and/or edit. Because this is a Thomas & Friends-based wiki, try to keep things appropriate for anyone to read.
- As per Wikia guidelines, all registered users must be 13 or older. Anyone found to be under 13 will be banned until they become of age.
- No swearing, inappropriate or hateful language.
- No disrespectful or rude behavior towards other users or staff members.
- Don't edit other users' pages without their consent.
- Sockpuppet accounts are not allowed. They will be banned and the main user account will be banned for an additional period of time if necessary.
- Please do not add nonsense edits or make multiple small changes in multiple edits. Try to change as much as you need to in one go.
- Fan content is not allowed. This pertains to all facets of the wiki including images, videos, and articles/article content.
- Do not upload watermarked or otherwise copyrighted images without the permission of the owner.
- Do not upload images that do not pertain to the ERTL line.
- Do not upload misnamed images (strings of random letters, or generic titles such as "Picture005.png").
- Do not upload images that are blurry or otherwise small or pixelated. If you must, contact an admin or image controller.
- Rules regarding videos are mostly the same as rules regarding images. See above.
- Do not upload videos unless they are official advertisements or are non-biased demonstrations of a product.
Article Comments and Message Walls
- No content except vandalism, broken links, and profanity may be removed from any user message wall. Off topic posts may be removed from talk pages.
- Article comments are there for discussing changes to the article, not for a discussion about the topic in question.
- Please do not reply to comments or messages that are over 3 weeks old unless you have anything to contribute to the discussion.
- Old comments with resolved issues or that are no longer relevant are subject to deletion to keep the pages clear.
- Please do not leave messages on your own wall. Talking to yourself does not notify anyone that you need assistance or have something to say,
- Message walls are for brief conversations only. Any long communication should be carried out on chat or via private message on the Wiki's Forum.
- Staff are required to warn a user who breaks the rules before striking or blocking them.
- After one warning, a strike is issued. After two strikes, a block will be issued for a period of time to be determined.
- Some instances may negate the necessity to warn or strike, and straight up block the offender. Use your best judgement.
- Image controllers and discussion mods have authority to strike for offenses that fall under their authority.
- The alteration, addition, or deletion of a rule must be agreed upon by 2/3 of all staff members. Use the talk page to propose an action.