Donald, indentical twin of Douglas, loves to play practical jokes on unsuspecting outsiders.
Owen Bell Artwork Card:
Other than their name plaques and their numbers, Donald & Douglas are identical twins. They hate to be parted and enjoy a joke - especially when outsiders can't tell them apart. Their antics sometimes lead to trouble - but they're hard workers and particularly good at ploughing snow.
- The twins are 0-6-0 tender engines based on the 812 Class, built for the Caledonian Railway.
- Normal (1992)
The Ertl Douglas model is a black steam engine with a long tender for coal and water. It was created only in a painted-on-metal face, and runs on six main wheels behind siderods, with six small wheels for the tender. The side windows are opened.
Scale (body length:length over buffers)
|Leading||0||Driving||4 x 11mm||Tender||2 x 7mm|
Lengths (excluding plates - excluding buffers - all included)
(boiler/tank - cab and any connection - tender)
Heights (from ground)
|Body Shared With||Donald|
|Face Shared With||Donald|
- The model is colored black as opposed to the Donald & Douglas is the later series, being colored black & blue.
- The model also does not have the name tag that later in the series, Donald & Douglas do have, meaning that this model replicates the TV series model as opposed the the Railway Series model.
- The 2003/2004 UK version has a different scale.
- Douglas (Normal, Painted Face) (1992)
- Donald is one of the few engines with a Metal face.